Precast Concrete Stairs provided for new welsh speaking primary school
Flood Precast provided Precast Concrete Stairs for this project. Morgan Sindall is the main contractor, this building will provide 2,500 sqm of floor space, in a two storey primary school and nursery building. The £7.8 million school is being built on Lewis Road. Funded by Cardiff Council and the Welsh Government through the city’s £164 million 21st Century Schools programme, the new school will accommodate up to 420 pupils, across two classes per year, from reception class to year 6, and provide 80 part-time nursery places.
Flood Precast offers a range of stair flights to suit every requirement. All our stair and landing units are designed in-house, manufactured, delivered and installed to the highest standards. Precast stairs can be placed along with concrete flooring giving immediate safe access to upper floors quickly and efficiently. All precast stair and landing units are designed in accordance with relevant codes BS and Euro codes
Because concrete stairs provide a safe means of escape in event of the fire and can be installed instantly, they are used in every development type where there is a requirement for access and egress.
- Quick to install
- High fire resistance.
- High-quality finish. Class B finish available upon request
- Minimal site labour
- Savings in construction time
- Can Accommodate Progressive Collapse Requirements
- Installation is not affected by adverse weather conditions
- Using Flood Precast standard steel moulds can produce cost-effective precast stairs.
- Fixings for handrails can be accommodated.
- Anti-slip strips can be accommodated.
Project: Hamadryad Primary School, Cardiff.
Contractor: Morgan Sindall Construction & Infrastructure Ltd
Engineer: Bingham Hall Partnership
Architect: Stride Treglown
Don’t forget to connect with Flood Precast on LinkedIn
Latest posts by David Chatfield (see all)
- Concrete Stairs Design and Manufactured for the Victoria Square Development London - December 13, 2018
- Precast concrete floor slabs and Stairs provided for School Extension UK - November 29, 2018
- Precast Concrete Stairs provided for new welsh speaking primary school - August 16, 2018