What is a Precast Hollowcore Concrete slab?
Hollowcore flooring is an efficient and modern flooring solution that can be implemented within a great many structures. Comprised of precast concrete with lengthwise voids, Hollowcore is the ideal solution for those who are looking to take advantage of the strength of traditional concrete while simultaneously enjoying a low weight and high load capacity.
The use of Precast Concrete Hollowcore Flooring is a highly cost effective solution that fits easily into any structural system such as steel or concrete frame or indeed masonry construction.
The units themselves are manufactured at a width of 1200mm and depths of 150, 200, 250, and 300mm. See Span/Load Tables for full details.
Why use Precast Concrete Hollowcore Slab?
Precast Concrete Hollowcore floors offer many advantages over alternative flooring methods like metal deck, in-situ and timber. Prestressed Hollowcore floors are fast to erect and are a great choice of flooring system for the construction of:
- Office Blocks
- Car Parks
- Industrial Buildings
Do you need more information? Send us your questions.
of using Hollowcore Floor Slabs
- High load capacity and long spans making it structurally efficient.
- Provides high levels of inherent fire resistance.
- The hollow cores provide an excellent sound resistance.
- Can be designed to incorporate notches, splays, balconies etc.
- Quick installation ensures a reduction in building programme time and site costs.
- Eliminates the need for costly and time-consuming on-site concrete pours.
- Eliminates on site formwork and steel fixing.
- Units can be grouted immediately after installation.
- Immediately stable floor platform suitable for working off.
- Manufactured offsite to rigorous quality standards.
- Progress on site is not weather dependant.