What is Precast Concrete Omnia Slab Flooring?
An Omnia Flooring Slab is a reinforced Precast Concrete Slab which incorporates a triangular lattice girder that is attached to a lower layer of reinforcement. The lattice girder is manufactured using high strength steel wire which provides rigidity to the panel and enables it to bind easily with in-situ concrete which is poured later on site.
This latticed girder also provides support for the upper mesh reinforcement and is used as an anchor point when lifting panels into position on site. Each panel is designed and manufactured to your specific shape requirements and structural capacity making it an extremely versatile building product.
See How It Works
Watch this video to see how easy it is to install Flood Omnia Slab Flooring
Benefits of using Flood Omnia Flooring System
- Large areas can be erected quickly and safely.
- Designed to withstand heavy loading conditions.
- Excellent sound insulation and fire resistant.
- Designed to withstand exposure to weather.
- Can accommodate irregular or complex building designs.
- Integral lattice girder helps makes progressive collapse design easy.
- Soffit can be left exposed saving on additional costs for suspended ceilings.
- Dispenses with site shuttering.
- Irregular and complex shapes manufactured to suit contract requirements
- Service holes and cut-outs accurately formed during manufacture
- Smooth flat soffit can take direct decoration and top surface can be power-floated reducing depth of overall floor zone
- Exposed soffit can be used to provide ‘thermal-mass’
- Single or two-way spanning design possible
- The cost of omnia flooring systems compare favourably with those of traditional formwork
- Decorated soffit can be left exposed, negating suspended ceilings
- In-situ topping can be power-floated negating extra finishing screed
The Omnia Flooring system is suitable for steel and concrete framed structures and masonry construction. It is a permanent formwork solution and can be used in:
- Car Parks
- Apartment Blocks
- Custodial Buildings
- Student Accommodation