BIM and Flood
Current use of BIM tools at Flood Precast Ltd.
BIM tools are currently employed for computer aided design and manufacture (CAD / CAM) and for 2D communication with clients and designers. This is illustrated in the following figure:
Flood Precast highlight the following areas as vital to the delivery of a successful project.
- Focusing on what represents value to the customer.
- Eliminating waste from processes.
- Creating a flow of work thus avoiding delays and reducing costs.
- Optimising the system as a whole rather than individual stages.
- Rationalising design, and the flow of information to logistics and manufacture.
- Provide guidance to external designers, incorporating product information from existing technical literature.
- Enabling the efficient creation of 3D visualisations and production information.
- Implementing change in a progressive, low risk manner.
- Building in-house capabilities.
- Becoming a recognised reliable source for BIM resources in the pre-cast concrete sector.