Precast Concrete Stairs installed in innovative building design.
Farnborough International Exhibition & Conference Centre’s innovative building design also reflects the airbridge theme. Developed by the architects Terance O’Rourke, the look and feel of the structure draws heavily on Farnborough’s association with aircraft testing and development in Farnborough’s famous wind tunnels, as well as reflecting the modern-day look of local buildings such as the neighbouring Aviator hotel.
Building work on the new Hall 1 at Farnborough International’s new Exhibition and Conference Centre is progressing as the main contractor, Wates Construction, begins with the venue’s 1,300-tonne steel frame.
Flood Precast designed, manufactured and installed precast concrete stairs for this project.
Benefits of using concrete stairs:
- Quick to install
- High fire resistance.
- High quality finish. Class B finish available upon request
- Minimal site labour
- Savings in construction time
- Can Accommodate Progressive Collapse Requirements
- Installation is not affected by adverse weather conditions
- Using Flood Precast standard steel moulds can produce cost effective precast stairs.
- Fixings for hand rails can be accommodated.
- Anti-slip strips can be accommodated.
Farnborough International Exhibition & Conference Centre is a new event space at the home of aviation – scheduled to open in 2018. The Farnborough International Exhibition & Conference Centre is set to become the pre-eminent events venue in South East England, building on Farnborough’s firmly-established reputation as a business events destination and home to the most famous airshow in the world.
Client: – Conder Allslade
Architect: – Terrence O’Rourke
Engineer: – Ramboll
Product: – 44no Precast Concrete Stairs
Don’t forget to connect with Flood Precast on LinkedIn
Contact Martin for projects in the UK. Email email@example.com
Latest posts by Martin Darby (see all)
- Smoothly and on time at Nene Park Academy Extension with Flood Wideslab. - May 24, 2018
- Precast Products provided for Skye Fish Food Plant - January 18, 2018
- Precast Concrete Stairs installed in innovative building design. - September 5, 2017